A mild curry, packed with vegetables that the whole family will enjoy.
Write a review
- 400 grams eggplant; Cut in to 1″ cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt (for eggplant)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Large cloves garlic; minced
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup broth of choice
- 2 Carrots (medium) sliced thin
- 2 Cup diced potatoes
- 1 green or red capsicum; sliced
- 2 large onions
- 2 cup cauliflower, bite size florets
- 1 zucchini, medium; sliced
- 400 grams canned crushed tomatoes in juice
- 400 grams can chickpeas; drained
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- Coconut yogurt (to serve)
- Steamed rice (to serve)
- Fresh coriander leaves (to serve)
- Place eggplant in colander, sprinkle with salt, toss and set aside to drain for 30 min, then pat dry.
- Add the eggplant to a fry pan over medium – high heat with a small amount of broth of choice (2 – 4 tablespoons) for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat curry powder, cumin, garlic, pepper, salt in small amount of broth, then stir in 1/2 cup broth and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, capsicum, onions and cauliflower. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, adding more stock if necessary so that it doesn’t run dry.
- Return eggplant to the pan, and add zucchini, canned tomatoes with juice, rinsed and drained chickpeas, coriander and raisins. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice with coconut yogurt, garnish with a little fresh coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Vegetables can be boiled up first (or the night before) for a quicker curry that day !
Eager For Life https://www.EagerForLife.com.au/