I have an abundance (I mean serious abundance) of passionfruit in my garden at the moment. I have given heaps away but they just keep coming. So this morning as I picked some more off the vine after I had been for a run, I decided to open the fridge, freezer and pantry and see what I could come up with. This is the result and I love it. I hope you enjoy it too. You could also use less milk and make it into a thicker smoothie bowl. Lucuma is a natural sweetener, full of antioxidants, Iron, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin B and Fibre. It is also anti-inflammatory and an immune booster. Studies show that it is also a natural healer for wounds. A great addition to your breakfast or snack.
- 1 1/4 cups plant based Milk (I used Nature's Harvest Soy)
- 1/4 cup frozen mango
- 3 fresh passionfruit, with middle (juice and seeds) scooped out
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Add milk to blender
- Add rest of ingredients and blend until smooth (use smoothie setting if blender has this option)
- Serve and enjoy
- You could also use coconut milk for a more 'tropical' start to your day. There is no need to add ice as the mango is already frozen.