A healthy, quick meal that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner !
Chickpea and Avocado Tacos
Write a review
- 600 grams Canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or protein of choice such as chicken/fish)
- 1 Tbsp Oil (rice bran, sunflower or olive)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1 Large ripe avocado
- 4 Tbsp Coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- ½ Cup Lettuce leaves shredded
- ½ Cup Kale leaves shredded
- 1 Red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, diced or cut in to wedges
- ½ Red capsicum, finely chopped.
- 1 Tbsp Light olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves (to serve)
- 1 Lime, cut in to wedges (to serve)
- Sunflower Oil; for deep frying
- 6 Rice paper
- In a small bowl mash the avocado with a fork until smooth. Add the yogurt and lemon juice and stir until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan over medium to high heat, add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to pan and saute until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate with a paper towel to drain. After a minute or two transfer to a bowl, add in the cumin, ground coriander and lime juice, toss to combine. Season with a little salt and pepper, cover and keep warm.
- Mix together the lettuce, shallots, tomato and green red capsicum in a medium serving bowl, set aside.
- To make the rice paper taco shells pour 4 inches of sunflower oil into a deep frypan or pot, heat until bubbling. Add a rice paper sheet to the hot oil and using a large metal whisk push the sheet down in the oil. The rice paper will form itself into a taco shell around the whisk. Fry 45 to 60 secs, the rice paper should be translucent and bubbled. Remove and drain on a plate with paper towel. Proceed with the rest of the rice paper.
- Fill the taco shells with the salad mixture, top with the chickpeas and spoon over the avocado dressing. Serve immediately with a little fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
- If you don’t have time to make the rice paper tacos, serve in your favourite tortilla
Eager For Life https://www.EagerForLife.com.au/